The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People mandates that every diocese implement Safe Environment programs for all children, parents, and adults. The principal purpose of this Charter is to ensure a safe environment for the children of each diocese.
Here in the Diocese of Allentown, a number of steps have been taken in order to implement these guidelines pertaining to reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse.
The Diocese has more information regarding Youth Protection at their website: https://www.allentowndiocese.org/
Below is a list of the requirements necessary to volunteer at St. Ignatius Loyola Regional School and Parish. All forms and certificates should be submitted to the Rectory.
Safe Environment Coordinator: Debbie Pilliod
Requirements for volunteers:
1. FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check (18+ years old) - (process date within 5 years)
**Contact Debbie Pilliod for a fingerprint payment code and directions.
4. Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse online training certificate
Mandated Reporter Training (18+ years old) - (process date within 5 years)
5. Protecting God’s Children Workshop attendance certificate (one time only) Workshop Schedule (18+ years old)
6. Diocese’s Sexual Abuse Policy Acknowledgment Form (14+ years old)
To read policy: Sexual Abuse Policy
7. Diocese’s Code of Conduct Policy Acknowledgment Form (14+ years old)
To read policy: Code of Conduct Policy
To read policy: Child Protective Services Law Policy
10. Motor Vehicle Report – if driving