Covid-19 protocols & Updates
* The dispensation from the obligation of Sunday Mass and Holy Days is still in place. If you are sick, please stay home. If you have serious pre-existing conditions or don't feel comfortable yet attending Mass, it's okay to stay home. We want everyone to be safe and to feel safe.
*Under current diocesan protocols, the church is open at 50% maximum capacity, which is up to 400 people.
*Our 10:30 AM Sunday Mass is live-streamed and recorded every week and it's available to watch anytime on our parish Facebook page or here on the main home page of our website.
* If you decide to attend Holy Mass, you must comply with the following guidelines. There will be no Mass without 100% compliance!
* Only our front doors will be open. Please follow the directions of the ushers.
* You may bring your own disinfectant wipes to sanitize your area before and after your time at Church.
* Masks (covering the nose and mouth) are required to be worn by everyone over 5 years old entering the church and during the entire Mass - except during reception of Holy Communion.
* Physical distancing will be practiced. Every other pew is roped off. Please sit 6 feet apart from anyone you are not living with - and maintain that distance in the Communion line as well. Families, of course, may sit together.
* For Sundays and Holy Days, the distribution of Holy Communion will take place AFTER mass so that those who are not yet comfortable receiving, can be respectfully dismissed.
* If there is no pew-by-pew collection a basket will be available for your offering before and after Mass. Thank you!
* There will be minimal music during this interim.
* If we reach our capacity:
-we invite you to remain outside and attend from there
-try another Mass time
-Listen to the Mass in your vehicle on 87.9 FM radio
The Church is open:
Weekdays 6AM - 6PM
Saturdays 7:00AM - 6PM
Sundays 6:30AM - 7PM
*Our Church is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day and after every Mass.
CONFESSIONS - Currently, Confessions are being held by individual appointment only. Any individual Confessions will be heard in the John Paul II room inside the Church while maintaining the proper physical distancing and every penitent is asked to wear a face mask. The priest will be wearing a face mask as well. If you'd like to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, please call the Rectory at 610-678-3767 and leave a message for one of the priests and we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns about anything, please call or e-mail us at the Rectory at 610-678-3767 or Rectory@stignatiusreading.org.